I keep meaning to make a post but then I'm unable to for some reason or another, usually to do with hand and wrist pain. My chiropractor tells me that I must improve my posture or become a shriveled old woman sooner than nature intended. I'm trying to do so in the hopes that it will help but it is not easy. Anyhow, an update!
1. Supernatural and other tv shows. I'm still watching Supernatural although at this point it's mainly for the pretty factor. Jared, Jensen, and Misha definitely deliver on that front. I appreciate the excitement of those fans who remain, though. I'm looking at you, counteragent
I can't seem to muster any excitement for much else, though. I tried out the pilots of Sleepy Hollow, which was ridiculous but had potential for fun, and Marvel, Agents of Shield which I really enjoyed but somehow haven't followed up on. Arrow continues to open with shirtless exercising scenes, I have noted with approval, but it's just not holding my interest either. Too much to do, I suppose.
I AM digging The Walking Dead, which the hubster and I watch religiously. Michonne is SO AWESOME and Daryl is MY LOVE and Rick is sweaty and angst-ridden but acceptable. I think Rick and Michonne have some wicked good chemistry, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing him and Daryl get together. Heh.
I'm going with friends to Thor this weekend, which should be filled with eye candy and explosions, both of which I enjoy. I don't quite get all the Loki love, although Tom H. is supposed to be the most perfect gentleman ever, I hear.
2. I've set up a bunch of various Facebook pages and websites and so on lately, and I've released a silly kitty book. The cat lovers among you may find it of interest:
Every Litter Should Have One!
At last, the mysteries of humans’ strange habits and bizarre desires are revealed in this clever, timely guide for the modern cat. Discover answers to timeless feline questions such as: Why does my human refuse to groom herself with her tongue? For decades felines have been meowing for such a guidebook – don’t deny them any longer!http://xcpublishing.net/the-cats-guide-to-human-behavior/
3. I've been blogging about travel and writing and cats over at xuwriter.wordpress.com. It's been fun but I don't know whether anyone is really reading it. I need to promote it, I suppose. I will be announcing my various book giveaways and releases there and on Facebook if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/XinaMarieUhl
and I keep meaning to get back on twitter ... it's just so time-consuming!
4. I'm participating in mini_wrimo
this month and have committed to a whopping 500 words a day! So far so good, although last night I crashed too early to meet my full goal. Who all is joining me? I see some familiar names over there sometimes goneahead
5. I've been making mosaics lately with varying degrees of success, considering that I really don't have much artistic talent. I'm proudest of this Roman inspired piece. It's ungrouted here, but the final product is similar:
6. Tell me your news, fannish or not!